About Me

My photo
I love reading education blogs, fashion blogs, craft blogs and dreaming!

Check Out My Store

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Sunday, October 14, 2012

We are loved!

Remember my last post? I talked about putting together a word cloud using the adjectives parents used to describe their kiddos and that I wanted to print it out poster sized?  WELL, I just figured something out that has changed my world!  I may be super late to this printing party but for those of you who don't know how to print poster size on a regular printer- maybe this will change your world too!

I guess the technical term is "tiled printing." I don't know anything about it except that I can print a poster from my home printer/school printer and I don't have to pay extra to have it printed at Kinkos! Woohoo!

How to print poster sized from a regular printer:

1.  Save your document as a picture or pdf
2.  Insert your picture into excel
3.  Format your picture in excel to the size that you want
4.  Click print

Seriously, it is that easy- Excel automatically tiles your printing for you!  Once it has printed on multiple sheets- you will need to puzzle piece it together and tape it/laminate it so that you have your poster, voila!
All the pieces are laid out and pieced together- I had to trim some of the margins

I placed a small amount of tape on the front to hold the pieces together

Then I flipped it over

and added packaging tape to the back to hold it all together

This is what it looks like hanging on the wall (don't mind the busy border or the crooked letters)!

I am so excited to think of all the things that I can print! I hope this helps someone as much as it has helped me!

2 comments:

  1. It looks great. The fact that it didn't cost a penny is even better. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete