About Me

My photo
I love reading education blogs, fashion blogs, craft blogs and dreaming!

Check Out My Store

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mid Winter Break

I have a whole week off!  I wish I could say that I don't know what to do with it but, I have a plan that includes being at school!  In a way though, I am excited about being at school without the kiddos and without any distractions so that I can really concentrate and hopefully get a lot done.  This is all inspired by the realization that next year will be my first year as a looping teacher.  I have taught third grade in the same classroom for the last four years.   While I like to keep my things organized- I realized that next year I will be teaching second grade.  I am going to need to make space and have separate sections for each grade level.  Also, I will be in the same classroom, but my curriculum and district provided materials that are third grade specific are going to have to be moved to the new third grade teachers room and will be traveling each year.  So, I know that it is only February but I want to get a move on it and be prepared.  I also have a bit or re-arranging I want to do with my materials and furniture.  I am very excited to teach second grade next year.   It will be a challenge for me but it will also be nice to try something new.  Is anyone else a looping teacher?  What are the pros/cons?  Next year my whole school will loop K-1, 2-3, 4-5.

1 comment: